Sunday 29 September 2013

Moroccan Oil Light Hair Treatment



I will admit that when it comes to beauty I can be a fickle one, I'm always looking for something new and exciting but there are some products that I stick to religiously and buy over and over again, The main culprit is The Moroccanoil Light Hair Treatment.

I started using the original version a few years ago after my hairdresser recommended it, this was back when my hair was black and thicker than it is now so the original oil was the way to go back then. This was when it first came out and it was a bit of a cult salon product, not many reviews about so I just had to trust her and I've never looked back. Since I bleached my hair to blonde and my hair is shorter and slightly thinner than it was, I've switched to the version for light coloured or fine textured hair. The only real differences I've found between the two is that the light version doesn't weigh my hair down as much as the original and the latter is a slightly thicker texture.

At a first glance it doesn't seem like anything special, it just looks like a basic yellow oil but a little of this goes a long way to helping keep my hair smooth and manageable. I tend to use a 50p size amount and run it through damp hair, focusing mainly on the ends as they have the most damage before leaving my hair to dry naturally, occasionally I blow dry it but I'm trying to lay off the heat a little at the moment. This helps to make my hair feel soft, smooth and nourished and I also feel that it has helped to improve the overall condition of my hair. I do get a little complacent with it and forget how much it changes the texture of my hair which normally ends up with me not using it for a few weeks and then realising that my hair looks so much better when I use it it regularly. I also use it as a deep conditioning treatment by covering my dry hair in it and leaving it on for a few hours whilst I potter around the house (and of course receive parcels because delivery men have notoriously bad timing.)

Aside from how much it does towards healing my poor fried hair, the other thing that makes me love this and all of the other products in the Morrocanoil range is the gorgeous smell, Honestly it's amazing. If they made a perfume of this scent then I would be first in line, I adore it to the point where I'm guilty of using the oil as a hair mask a couple of times a week just to make my hair smell amazing.

I would say that the only downside to this product is the price, It isn't cheap at all at around £30 for 100ml (the price normally depends on where you buy it.). I think the only real way to justify the price is how long it lasts, I use it every time I was my hair (around three times a week give or take) and as a mask and my current bottle has lasted me over a year, the shortest time a bottle has lasted me was eight months after it spilt inside my overnight bag (which annoyed me until I realised just how good my bag smelt) so you really do get your money's worth. I tend to ask for this for either Christmas or my birthday but I would buy it for myself, it just makes sense for me to ask for it as a gift as I can never really think of much else to ask for and now it's become a bit of a tradition for my mum to buy it for me. I think if your looking for something to invest in that will give great results and will last you a long time then this is the one to try.

Have you tried Morrocanoil or any other Argan Oil products? Thoughts?

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love love love my moroccan oil, i did a post about it a while back declaring how wonderful it is, glad to see you love it as much as i do :)

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. I've actually never tried the Moroccan oils - I have tried other similar products and I quite like the Macadamia oil. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great, I tried macadamia oil too for the first time this week and I quite like it so far :) x

      Delete
  3. I use this product, it's amazing! Love love love it. x
    www.rosesjaunes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a great product to use isn't it :) x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried the proper Moroccan Oil but I do use Argan Oil on my hair and see the same results ahhh, my bottle (I think about £12.99) has lasted me over a year too, so it's definitely worth it...oooh and I can just imaghine right now how good your bag smelled haha :p

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never found a cheaper one that works for me but If you have you may as well keep using the cheaper one if it makes your hair all soft and shiny, aha my bag did smell amazing for ages :) x

      Delete
  5. I've never tried the proper Moroccan Oil but I do use Argan Oil on my hair and see the same results ahhh, my bottle (I think about £12.99) has lasted me over a year too, so it's definitely worth it...oooh and I can just imaghine right now how good your bag smelled haha :p

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried the light one but I LOVE the regular one, it's such a holy grail product! x

    Alavish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried both of them and the regular one is lovely too, really makes a difference to my hair :) x

      Delete
  7. I used moroccan oil daily. It holds my styling after blowing it dry and using a curling iron. Days are so much easier because my hair looks really great and it lasts for several days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x