Monday 9 September 2013

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation - The Review






When my usual foundation ran out I decided to try something new, as my skin had a little bit of a meltdown so I ended up with a bit of scarring and a lot of the foundations I tried just weren't cutting it when it came to covering up my scarring. After seeing this on a few blogs I decided to try it out and I'm so glad I did.

Dermablend is a corrective treatment foundation specially formulated to cover up severe scarring and other blemishes and is also supposed to be non irritating for even sensitive skin which are the main two reasons I decided to buy it. It's other benefit is that it lasts up to 12 hours which is great but wasn't something that was that important when choosing this, my main issue was to conceal.

I have the lightest colour, 15/Opal which when I first squeezed it out of the tube I was worried it would be too dark but once blended onto my face it's unnoticeable. You also only need a little bit to cover my entire face which is great as it means that the little tube will last longer, It does need quite a bit of blending for a flawless finish but all foundations do on my skin and unlike others this doesn't thin down the more that you blend it, the coverage stays exactly the same. I find that as I'm so pale my scarring and dark circles show up easily and are very difficult to conceal but with one coat of this they are almost completely covered and if I dab a little more onto my blemishes then I don't need to wear concealer. It doesn't completely cover my dark circles but I don't expect it too as I have hereditary dark circles and also slightly deep set eyes that cast a shadow so they will never completely disappear to my dismay but if yours are just regular dark circles then I think this will do the trick.

As it is a full coverage foundation it is quite thick but it doesn't give the mask effect that some full coverage foundations do and I can't feel it on my face all day which is one of my pet hates when it comes to foundations. It also gives a lovely finish to my skin, at first it is completely matte but as the day goes on and I start to get oily it has a lovely dewy finish. It also doesn't cake at all, even on my small dry patches so my face looks even all day. Since I started wearing this daily I've noticed that my skin has been a lot less irritated and the number of blemishes I've had has gone down significantly. I'm also hoping that I will be able to wear it once I start dancing all day everyday again without too many issues. In the above photo I am wearing this foundation with Bourjois Healthy Mix blush but no concealer, powder, highlighter etc so you can see the finish that it has on it's own.

The packaging isn't that exciting, it looks like typical skincare packaging but I quite like that as It doesn't look cheaper than it is and for some reason it makes me think it's going to work better than your typical high street offering, I know that's a bit silly but it's just how it works in my head. The tube is smaller than a lot of foundations from both the high street and high end brands but because you don't need to use a lot of the product it last for a long time. It's also in the mid price range at £15.50 for 30ml but I'm happy to pay that price for a product that is this good and it doesn't cost that much more that some of the pricier high street offerings.

In the month I've been using this foundation I've had so many compliments on my skin which genuinely doesn't happen at all when you have acne so that's a lovely change and I really would recommend this for anyone who needs to cover up either blemishes or dark circles on a regular basis or even just to use for those lovely hormonal breakouts that we all get once a month. I'm definitely going to buy this again and I'm even thinking about trying the concealer stick, not because I need both as this is amazing on it's own but just because I want to see if it lives up to the expectations this has given me.

Have you tried this? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I NEED this foundation, if you look on my blog you can see how i have bad scarring and i honestly think this could be the saviour for my scars!
    Thankyou for reviewing this and sending it my way haha!

    Following you, would love you to follow mine back.

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying, It really does cover up everything and doesn't irritate my skin at all! I'll take a look at your blog hun:) x

      Delete
  2. I haven't used this one before.. your face looks so so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, It's all the work of this foundation :) x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this! I have very problem skin including scarring and other foundations dont cut it. Really good review :)
    Sarah sarah-warnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying at least once, This one's really good for covering scarring and other issues, Thanks lovely :) x

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x