Saturday 7 September 2013

Bourjois So Laque and So Laque Glossy Nail Polish - The Review







I'm a fan of Bourjois as a brand but one area that I tend to overlook is their nail polish line, I usually make a beeline for the foundation and mascara's and don't give a second thought to all of the polishes on the next shelf. So a few weeks ago I decided to give them a go and I picked up two polishes, A regular 'So Laque' Polish in 'Noir De Chine' and a 'So Laque Glossy' Polish in 'Coton Sur Ton' and so far it's mixed results.

I picked up Noir de Chine as I've been meaning to get a black polish for a while. I like to wear it sometimes in winter and it's a good polish for my toes when I dance a lot as it tends to hide quite a lot of damage. This polish was opaque in one coat but I applied another just for security and it had a lovely shiny finish as you can see from the above photo's. It lasted a good three days without chipping before I had to remove it for work but I think it could have gone on longer if I left it which is pretty good for me as I tend to use my nails for everything (bad habit I know, I'm trying to stop.) The drying time isn't that good, it took ten minutes before they were touch dry and I had to be extra careful for the next few hours but I think this may be because the polish is quite thick but for that glossy finish I'm happy to wait the extra few minutes. However I'm thinking that this is not a quick fix polish and is only for when you have the time to sit and paint your nails properly. I am very happy with this polish and I'm thinking about getting others from this range to see if the quality of the coloured selection matches up with this colour.

Coton Sur Ton is a slightly different story, I was disappointed from the get go as the lighting in Boots led me to believe that this was a white polish when actually it's more of a cream but that's just artificial lighting for you. This took five coats before it was fully opaque which is three too many in my book but after all that it did have the same lovely shine that Noir de Chine has. I think for people who are partial to a sheer polish this might not be an issue but I'm personally not a fan of seeing my nails through a polish, I'm painting them for a reason. I also don't really understand why these are called 'Glossy' as this colour wasn't actually as glossy as the original formula. It lasted two days before I had a chip on my index finger which isn't too bad as it's only one chip but as the Bourjois site states it should last for ten days I expected more.

Overall I think that the original So Laque formula is very impressive and I'll be buying more colours to try out at some point in the future but I'm going to leave the So Laque Glossy's on the shelf.

Have you tried either of these formula's? What did you think?

12 comments:

  1. That's a shame the nude one was rubbish because it looks lovely! I'm not brave enough for black nails haha. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does here but you can still see my nails through it in person :( aha I didn't use to be but then I realised that shiny black nails are the way to do it!x

      Delete
  2. Love the black nails!
    I'm exactly the same as you, head straight for the Bourjois foundations and mascara haha. I've never considered the nail varnishes before. These look lovely, although it's a shame you were disappointed with Coton Sur Ton. I hate seeing my nails through the nail polish too!

    Shannon Marie
    Schnella Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aha I'm glad it's not just me, It's like I have blinkers on and can only see either mascara or foundation! x

      Delete
  3. ooo they sound and look good! so lovely and glossy

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a lovely shine, The original formula is great! :) x

      Delete
  4. Wow the black colour is gorgeous and glossy! It's a shame the nude one didn't work too well because it's a lovely colour too, I like a good nude nail :) 5 coats really is too many though oh my lordyyyy haha.

    On another note who are Bourjois kidding saying they could last 10 days? There is a reason Shellac was invented haha! Way too optimistic for any polish...

    On yet another note, you apply your polish so neatly and I AM JEALOUS!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it, I only like black nails if they have a shine to them, aha I think I'm way to fickle with my nails to even attempt to keep it on for 10 days! Definitely overestimated themselves a little x

      Delete
  5. Wow the black colour is gorgeous and glossy! It's a shame the nude one didn't work too well because it's a lovely colour too, I like a good nude nail :) 5 coats really is too many though oh my lordyyyy haha.

    On another note who are Bourjois kidding saying they could last 10 days? There is a reason Shellac was invented haha! Way too optimistic for any polish...

    On yet another note, you apply your polish so neatly and I AM JEALOUS!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Go over to my blog and have a look x

    Caitlin x

    www.caitlinrammy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tied nail polish from Bourjois either, will have to after this!
    Also i love the quality of your photos. I'm just getting into blogging and
    taking pics on my phone atm- it looks terrible! Yours are really good quality. What camera do you use :)

    Sarah :) http://rosaliejayne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x