Friday 13 September 2013

Superdrug Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser - The Review



A lot has been made of Hot Cloth Cleansers over the past year or so, the one that first came to everyone's attention (but not necessarily the first of it's kind) was Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish and since then versions have been popping up everywhere. I tried Cleanse and Polish a few years ago whilst I was still at college thanks to my Nan's addiction to Qvc and I loved it but the only thing that puts me off repurcahsing is the price, so when I saw this one in Superdrug on offer for just £2.49 (RRP £4.99) I thought why not give it a go. I' haven'tactually thought to look at Superdrug's own branded items since I was and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

The packaging is pretty standard but I do like the pale green as it's a little different to the rest of my skincare which is mainly white and cream so it does stand out on my shelf. I also quite like that it comes in a box which makes it feel more expensive than it is (well to me anyway.) Like all hot cloth cleansers it came with a muslin cloth which I don't have a photo of as every time I get one and put it in the wash my mum thinks it is a cleaning cloth and it ends up being used for polishing the house instead of my face. That is also why I can't compare it with my LE version which has also bitten the dust (literally) but they look pretty much the same. I know that they are supposed to be amazing for your skin and gently exfoliate etc. but I've used the cleansers with both the muslin cloths and with basic flannels and it doesn't really make a difference other than it feels a little bit more luxurious for a pamper night than my hot pink asda flannel.

The cleanser itself is quite thick and creamy and it melts into your skin as you massage it onto your face. It doesn't quite remove all of my makeup in one go but I always double cleanse anyway with whatever cleanser I am using so for me this isn't a big deal but If you only cleanse once then you'll probably want to be using a toner to remove the excess traces before you moisturise. It has quite a herbal smell which I didn't like at first but it's grown on me a bit and now I don't really notice it at all when I wash my face.It claims to gently exfoliate and leave the skin feeling renewed, soft and and ultra clean and it lives up to this, my skin feels lovely after I've used this and I do feel like I've had to exfoliate with other products a lot less since I started using this. I've noticed a difference in the amount of blemishes I've had since I started using this cleanser around a month ago which is always great but I'm not quite sure if it is to with this product, switching my foundation or a combination of the two. I do also think it gives me a little bit of a radiance boost as the name suggests as I look fresh faced after I use this in a morning which is no mean feat and anything that makes me look human before my first cup of coffee is a winner for me.

I think I'll be buying this product again as it's a lovely inexpensive cleanser that I love having in my cleanser rotation (I'm aware it's a bit excessive but it seems to be doing the trick) and I also have my eye (no pun intended) on an eye cream from the same range so I'll let you know how that one goes for me.

Have you tried this or any of Superdrug's own branded products? What do you think of them?

1 comment:

  1. Im such a lover of the liz earle one, i might give this one a go though!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x