Monday 18 August 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur in 'Warm Apricot'


Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur RRP £7.99

I wasn't a huge fan of the original Baby Skin Primer, I like a dewy foundation and as a mattifying primer it obviously doesn't work in that respect. However as I am one of those people who has to find something to do every hour of every day or I don't know what to with myself I have tired, dull skin 99.9% of the time, so I thought this might just work out for me and you know what, it does...sometimes.


It has a strange consistency, it doesn't feel full of silicone like the original and it feels much thinner than moisturiser, the best way I can think to describe it is like a liquid highlighter without the shimmer. It's a pale apricot colour which completely dissapears into the skin. The first few times I used it I couldn't see any difference in my skin apart from the fact that my foundation stayed on a little bit longer, which was a slight bonus as it doesn't claim to be a primer and my skin definitely didn't feel refreshed or revitalised as the tube claimed that it would. It did make my skin feel softer and makes my foundation look a little better but I don't agree with Maybelline saying that it can be worn alone.

So far, so unimpressed however I gave it one more chance, It was the morning after a night that was a little bit too late and I needed to look human for work on Sunday morning. This is when this little wonder excelled, The grey face I normally get after a night out was gone (does anyone else get this or just me?) and once I popped my foundation over the top I was back to looking halfway decent. It really did make my skin look a nicer, healthier tone and made me look more awake. It also definitely helped on the dark circle front just for anyone like me who struggles with those on a daily basis.

I don't really have much to say about the packaging as they are sticking too the Baby lips/ Baby skin aesthetic that they started with however I don't actually like this direction that alot of drugstore brands are going in with bright colours, plastic and graffitti writing as I feel like it looks dated and not in a lovely vintage kind of way. I know the nineties is back in and don't get me wrong I was a nineties kid through and through but the makeup packaging is one thing that should have stayed there for good.

I have a feeling that summer wasn't the right time to try this out and that I will get a lot more use out of this once the colder weather and darker days start to set in as I really struggle with dull skin in Winter, It might just find a place in my everyday routine then but for now I'm happy to save it for after a good night out or just a bad nights sleep.

Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur is available from pharmacies and supermarkets nationwide.

Have you tried this or anything else from the Baby Skin range? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I saw this in the shops the other day and was very intrigued by it. I have the original baby pore primer and not entirely amazed by it to be honest, but this product just seemed a bit gimmicky to me at first. I do feel that this is better for the colder months where skin tends to be dull. May give this a shot in the colder upcoming months.


    Thank you for the review, I hope you have a lovely day! ♥

    *Yingcbeauty*

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really get on with the primer either but I really like this one, definitely worth buying later on than in summer like I did aha x

      Delete
  2. I tried the original one but I was not that impressed, might give this one a go in the winter months! I completely agree about the packaging though...

    Enter my Mac Eyeshadow Quad Giveaway at The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original just wasn't for me, this one's better suited I think, glad it's not just me who feels that way :) x

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x