Wednesday 14 August 2013

Charles Worthington Longer and Stronger Hair Masque - The Review



I've made no secret of my quest to have long hair again, after going from black to blonde I ended up having to have my hair cut into a bit of a bob and I hated it. Don't get me wrong it was a lovely cut and on another it could have looked amazing but for me long hair is the one. After running out of my usual hair growth gimmick/product (The Lee Stafford mask if you were wondering) I decided to try something new, Step forward the Charles Worthington Strength and Repair Longer and Stronger Hair Masque...well that's a mouthful but let's talk about the actual product rather than the silly long name.

Firstly the packaging is nice, the purple is quite an eye catching colour and the directions and ingredients are easy enough to read, so far so standard. Obviously there's only so much you can do to a tub of conditioner to make it different but one thing I really like about this is that it has a flippy lid and it's the first of it's kind that I've seen. It's not really very exciting but it is practical, I think we've all been there trying to open a screw top lid with wet hands and then suddenly it's flinging all the way across the bathroom or hitting you in the face (just me on the latter?) This lid makes life easier and who doesn't need things that make life easier when showering at 7am.

The masque itself is quite thick, which is a positive for me as I really don't like thin masques as I feel they just get washed down the drain and don't last long enough. The smell is nice but quite strong, it has a floral scent and actually reminds me of being in a salon which as it is a 'salon at home' product is expected. Although it is thick it doesn't weigh down my hair and leaves it feeling soft and smooth rather than overloaded with product which is something I have had an issue with in the past as I have fine hair. I've also noticed that after I use this my hair isn't as frizzy or coarse and looks like it is in much better condition than before. 

The product claims that it is 'scientifically proven to reduce hair breakage by up to 92%' which is a pretty big claim and I do agree to some extent. Since I've been using this twice a week I have noticed that my hair has been snapping off less however I've also been taking other steps to make sure my hair grows such as not using any heat and taking supplements so I can't say how much is down to this masque alone. I also don't really know if this is making my hair grow faster or whether that is down to a number of different factors but I will continue to buy this even if it doesn't as it is a really lovely product and for £5.99 you can't really go wrong.

This product retails for £5.99 and is available from Boots and other stockists.
Have you tried this masque, What do you think of it? Please let me know if you have any other product recommendations for growing your hair as I'm always looking for new things to try.


8 comments:

  1. I saw this advertised in a magazine a few weeks ago and really fancied trying it. I may have to go out and get it once my spending ban is over!xo

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, it's really lovely product! Hope the spending ban is going well for you, they're so hard :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this! The lid sounds good, I agree...wet hands and screw tops don't go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a big difference, so much better when I'm half asleep in a morning :) x

      Delete
  4. I feel like we have the exact same hair stories, I went back from Brunette to my usual Blonde a couple of years ago and had to cut it all off. I hated it short and the length/condition have never been the same! I will give this mask a go but you could also try taking Biotin supplements, I have found they really work!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like we do too! I don't like my hair short either but the condition has improved dramatically over the past few months, I actually took biotin for a while but I found it really irritated my acne :( glad it's working for you though lovely, I'd definitely recommend this masque though too x

      Delete
  5. I've been looking for a cheap, decent hair mask for ages. Maybe I'll try this! I love the packaging as well, a flippy lid sounds so much better than a screw on one haha! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll have to get this! My hair doesn't seem to grow past a certain length at the moment, probably because I keep having to snip all the dead ends off! xo

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x